Table saws are usually used for various sorts of work, such as carpentry or woodwork. Derived from many textures of wood, several types of blade patterns are used to work on the shape of the plank cuts. The shapes of each type of table saw blades are made to be ideal for different processes of woodwork ranging from chopping to shaping wood.
However, despite the functions, the best results and efficiency provided in the push and pull of the saw over any planks of wood is most important, so it is essential that one can make the best choice that suits their needs.
Dewalt’s products are no stranger to woodcutters, it fits the experience of both beginners and experts in the field, and if you’re looking to shop for a new table saw, we’ve come up with a review on which table is the best in our opinion.
In this table saw review, we only cover job site table saws and portable table saws. There are several accessories that you may purchase alongside with the table saws, but that will not be covered in this article. Without further ado, we’ll jump right into the jobsite table saws as the first category.
Jobsite Table Saw
1. Dewalt DWE7491RS 10-Inch Table Saw, 32-½-Inch Rip Capacity
Rated as the #1 Bestseller on Amazon Table Saw section, the Dewalt DWE7491RS 10-Inch Table Saw 32-½-Inch Rip Capacity has a trusty 5-star rating, with over 3,000 reviews. This high quality table saw priced at only $599 also comes with free shipping. By making this purchase, you’ll be saving much more than buying piece by piece individually. The package comes with :
- 1x Dewalt Table Saw
- 1x 10 Inch 24-Tooth Carbide Blade
- 1x Rolling Stand
- 1x Push Stick
- 1x Miter Gauge
- 1x Rip Fence
- 2x Blade Wrenches
- 1x Blade Guard Assembly Manual
The blade length fitted is 22 inches, while the item dimensions LxWxH is 31 x 24.5 x 31 inches. Since it is a jobsite table saw, the power source is corded-electric. It also comes in 3 different colours, which is yellow, black, and silver.
The rolling stand is designed for easy set up as well as dismantling, and has excellent stability as well. The rack and pinion fence system makes the fence adjustments smooth, precise, and fast, which changes the whole efficiency level. There is also a 15 amp motor with high torque, so it is able to cut pressure treated lumber and hardwoods.
- Cabinet Installers: ripping filler boards.
- Hardwood Floor Installers; ripping floorboards.
- Trim Carpenters: ripping moldings, wainscoting, ripping and cross cutting 1X material for framing bookshelves and entertainment centers, ripping framing lumber.
- Deck Builders: ripping deck boards, rail cap, railing.
- Remodelers: ripping framing lumber, sheet material (4 feet X 8 feet).
- Serious Woodworkers: home hobbyists, ripping sheet material (4 feet X 8 feet), framing lumber, (2-inch X 12-inch), sizing material up to 3-inches thick, ripping and cross cutting 1X material used for dados, rabbets, mortise and tenons.
The Dewalt DWE7491RS 10-Inch Table Saw 32-½-Inch Rip Capacity certainly packs a punch considering the size and its power. It also features tool-free guarding component adjustments and both swift and accurate fence adjustments.
The onboard storage system also provides easy access to the blade guard assembly, fence, riving knife, miter gauge, wrenches, push stick, and cord wrap when not in use. Telescoping fence rails are also present, to retract and create a small portable package.
There is also a 2-½ inch Dust Collection Port that easily connects to a vacuum for efficient dust extraction. This job site table saw is our top recommendation if you are looking for something that isn’t much portable, since it gets the job done efficiently, as well as a highly-reviewed product on Amazon, therefore there is some validation towards this product.
Portable Table Saw
2. DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Table Saw, 20-Inch Rip Capacity
The DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Table Saw, 20-Inch Rip Capacity, yet another great product by Dewalt, proudly presents itself in a 5-star rating as well, with over 2,000 reviews by users on Amazon.
Imagine this, a portable saw, weighing only 22 kilograms with optimized footprints, coming from a prestigious woodwork company, all for $374. It’s indeed a steal, since it packs the same punch as a jobsite table saw, Dewalt DWE7491RS 10-Inch Table Saw.
It has the same 15 amp motor that can quickly cut through hardwoods with ease. It is important to note that if you are looking for a rolling stand or a standard stand, it is sold separately.
What this product offers
- Shoe bevels 0 to 45 for bevel cuts
- Steel roll cage protects saw against jobsite drops and impacts, rack and pinion fence system, front and rear fence lock and large, clear scales combine to give an extremely accurate and easy to use saw
- Powerful 1850 Watt motor for high performance in all applications. Max Rip To Left Of Blade 12 inch. Max Rip To Right Of Blade 20 inch
- Fence system provides 610 millimeter of rip capacity in a portable design for cutting large sheet materials to size
- Cast table top design ensures accuracy and precision, Overload protection system ensures powerful performance in hard, wet or frozen woods, Quick bevel lock with large scale for easy, accurate adjustments
- Standard: 24 tooth SERIES 30 saw blade, Mitre fence, 2 blade spanners, Parallel fence, Dust port reducer, Push stick. No Load Speed: 3,850 rpm
- Rack and pinion fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- Telescoping fence rails retract to create a small, portable package
- 20 inch of rip easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim materials. Metal roll cage base offers greater durability than plastic bases: Blade can be adjusted 0 to 45 degrees for bevel applications
It comes in 3 different colours, that is yellow, black, or silver. The item dimension LxWxH is 22.72 x 29.21 x 16.73 inches. For a portable saw to have enough power, it is required to be connected via direct current and has to be corded electrically as a source of power. By purchasing this, you will receive :
- 1x DW745 10-Inch Table Saw
- 1x 10-Inch 24-Tooth Carbide Blade
- 1x Miter Gauge
- 1x Push stick
- 1x Blade Guard
If you are a woodworker, there is no reason not to get this. The portable design is at the ease of your convenience. There is also a 2-½-inch dust collection port that allows you to connect the saw to a Shop-Vac for efficient dust extraction and a cleaner work area. It’s consistent, has powerful performance for tougher jobs such as pressure-treated lumber, and a large rip capacity.
The Dewalt DW745 10-Inch does not leave out safety features, therefore they have included a convenient guarding system with the product. The DEWALT versatile Site-Pro Modular Guarding System makes it easy to set up for a variety of applications by allowing tool-free adjustment of application-specific guarding components.
Its table surface is coated to reduce friction for improved cut quality across the board, while a metal roll cage base provides a sturdy setup and improved durability when compared with plastic bases. All it requires is a power cord to run, and it’ll work just as good if not better than other jobsite table saws.
3. DEWALT DWE7485, Compact, 8-¼-Inch
A newer, much refined version of the DEWALT DW745 10-Inch, is the Dewalt DWE7485. With close to 4,000 ratings on Amazon, it is picked as Amazon’s choice, a highly rated and well-priced product. Priced at only $374, it also comes with free shipping. Once again, Dewalt emphasizes on its power, which is yet another 15 amp motor, with 5,800 RPM.
What this product offers
- Portability: Compact size for ease of transportation and storage
- Easy adjustments: Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- Variety of cuts: 24.5 inches of rip capacity for ripping 4×8 plywood or OSB sheets
- Power: 15 Amp, 5800 rpm motor
- Onboard storage: Onboard storage provides easy access to the site pro guarding components and push stick when not in use
- Guaranteed tough: Metal roll cage ensures job site durability
Unlike the other products, this one only comes in 1 colour, which is the standard yellow, as shown on the image. First released in January 20, 2020, this product has certainly made its way as one of the top picks for woodworkers. With a dimension of 22.75 x 22.75 x 13 inches in LxWxH, it uses 110 volts. Weighing only 54 pounds, it is both portable and convenient to carry along a high performance machine. By making this purchase, you will also receive :
- 1x DWE7485 8-¼-Inch Table Saw
- 1x Fence
- 1x Anti-Kickback Pawls
- 1x Miter Gauge
- 1x Push Stick
- 1x 24T 8-¼-Inch Blade
- 1x Non-thru Cut Riving Knife
- 2x Blade Change Wrenches
- 1x Modular Guard System
This saw accepts dado blade set, but you will first need to get the Dado Throat Plate, which is Dewalt DWE7402D1. However, do not attempt to stack dado blades thicker than 13/16″ (20 mm). Do not use dado blades larger than 8″ (200 mm) diameter. Since dado cuts are not thru-cuts, the cuts must be performed with the blade guard assembly removed.
It is fairly easy to remove the blade guard assembly, just pull the riving knife/blade guard release lever and pull up on the guard or riving knife to remove. When using the dado, the special dado insert (also sold as an accessory) must be used.
Let’s not forget, that Dewalt also included a dust collection similar to the previous version, to ensure the cleanliness of the workplace.
With such a wide variety of table saws, it is definitely difficult one single jobsite table saw. This table saw review will help you with just that. If you are looking to venture into Dewalt products, it is no stranger that Dewalt produces top tier quality products.
All of their products are extraordinary and well-within budget.
However, if you are still indecisive, fret not, our top pick would be the Dewalt DW745. It is both portable and affordable. A Dado throat plate can also be used, and of course, safety features are emphasized on, since Dado blades are necessary for more precise cuts.
Priced at only $374, you’re definitely getting more than what you’re paying for. The price does not include accessories.
There are of course several situations where you are on an even tighter budget, since it is understandable that most woodworkers will possess several accessories alongside a new table saw. By purchasing the Dewalt DW745, it is safe to say that with accessories, it may easily cost up to $500, which requires some saving for some people.
But, remember, when buying tools, try to buy the best you can find. You don’t want a cheap tool to stop working in the middle of the day. A well-within budget tool will prevent exactly that.
It’s affordable, works like a charm, and packs a punch, which is what Dewalt offers. There are trusted safety features, it is highly rated by users, a dust collection system to collect wood dust so it is easier to clean, almost everything in particular that you can ask for in a table saw.